It’s 2017 and having the best bass headphones is essential to have! If you don’t have ones yet, then buckle up as I’m about to take you on a hell of a journey into headphone kingdom!
Be it for professional use, gaming, work, or just day-to-day use at home, good headphones are a must if you are looking for good quality sound nowadays.
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Bass Headphones Comparison
- 2 1. Audio-Technica ATH-M50X Professional Studio Headphones
- 3 Sony MDRV55 Bass Headphones
- 4 Sony XB Series MDRXB650BT Wireless Bluetooth Headphones Extra Bass
- 5 Sony MDR-XB450 Extra Bass Smartphone Heatset Review
- 6 Akai Professional Project 50X | Over-Ear Studio Monitor Headphones
- 7 Conclusion
- 8 Best Bass Headphones
- 9 Best Cheap Bass Headphones
Best Bass Headphones Comparison
You don’t want to be stuck with an old pair of some cheap headphones which continuously keep on breaking or from which the sound coming off is just simply not good. Picking the best bass headphones that are ideal for you can be tricky as there are so many different ones to choose from on the internet, but it can be done. Don’t worry! I am here to assist you in your purchase of the best bass headphones!
In this review, I will be reviewing 5 different headphones. These include some of the best bass headphones out there in the market that you can get. I will be talking about the features of all of the headphones individually, stating their pros and cons, giving you my opinion on which one is the best, which one is the best cheap option and in general summarising their performances.
Numerous research has led me to be able to talk about each headphones in quite the detail. Because each headphones deserve to be tested out and tried, I will be giving an unbiased, objective review with just a tiny bit of personal preferences and favourites.
Best Bass Headphones
If it was me buying new headphones, I would not hesitate at all and would buy the Audio-Technica ATH-M50X Professional Studio Headphones.
I have come to the conclusion, after many, many hours of research and such, that they are the best bass headphones out there! You are probably very curious as to why these are the best bass headphones out there.
Let me clear it up for you:
While looking as the Amazon Customer Reviees, I have found that these headphones have received a 5 star rating and are very popular amongst customers. After reading through the reviews I have found a lot of positive feedback from buyers and could sense an overall satisfaction from everyone who has purchased these. Buyers have further explained that for the price that you are paying for these headphones, they are a great, well worth it purchase. One buyer stated: ‘Great headphones for price.’
I have also found them ranked relatively high in the headphones category on Amazon and came to the conclusion that they are very popular on Amazon.
To find out more about them and what they have to offer read the individual review down below.
Different Types Of Headphones You Can Get
Keep in mind that there are many different types of headphones when you are choosing your pair. Headphones vary from studio headphones, DJ headphones to extra bass headphones. Some are wireless Bluetooth and some are simply connected by a wire. Depending on what you need your pair for, it is important to choose the right ones for you.
This one is a no brainer but then there is the obvious colour, shape, size and overall comfort, which is also very, very important. Of course the comfort cannot be directly experienced through the internet as it can be when you go into a shop and try a pair of headphones on yourself, but I will do my best to describe the feel of each headphones on your head as best as I can.
Overall, just keep in mind that there are many factors which need to be taken into consideration when purchasing headphones.
1. Audio-Technica ATH-M50X Professional Studio Headphones
As I have already stated, these are the best bass headphones out there that you can get. Not only is the design pretty fancy and eye-catching, but all that these headphones have to offer is also pretty impressive. I have already told you about the good reviews they have received, but now let me dive into the technical features.
Technical Features of Audio-Technica ATH-M50X Professional Studio Headphones (Black) Deluxe Bundle:
– Created for professional mixing and studio work, these headphones are designed in such a way to make your studio experience as smooth and enjoyable as possible.
– The circular ear-pieces are able to twist 180 degrees to enable you to perform one-ear mixing and monitoring.
– The very well cushioned ear pads are very comfortable and smooth, also guaranteeing total noise isolation for ideal sound.
– The driver provides an extended range of sound, a deep, accurate bass and a quality high-frequency clarity of hearing.
– There is a coiled cable at the left earpiece which ends at a gold-plated mini-plug with an included screw-on 1/4″ adapter.
– Headphones are able to be folded into a closed-back form.
By far the best headphones for studio artists and producers, yet also ideal for normal day-to-day use. The exceptional bass and clarity of sound makes these headphones simply irresistible as stated by previous buyers.
Sony MDRV55 Bass Headphones
If you are looking to buy cheap headphones yet still want the best bass headphones, then you should definitely buy these ones! Suitable for professional DJ-ing and/or normal day-to-day use and able to outperform many more expensive headphones with its extraordinary features, they are by far the best cheap option out there!
They’re great on the go, foldable headphones ideal for DJ-ing and taking your decks out into the streets. If you are looking to buy headphones for listening to music from your devices like the iPod or iPhone then these are also perfect for you. The sound released from these headphones is very crispy and clean, making your listening experience smooth and more enjoyable than ever.
Now let’s look at some of the technical features:
Technical Features of Sony MDRV55 White Extra Bass & DJ Headphones MDR-V55 MDRV55W:
– Designed in such a way that storing these headphones in your bag when you are not using them couldn’t be any easier. The foldable design makes them very foldaway and easy to carry around.
– The reversible ear pads make DJ-ing even better than ever as they allow you to perform one-ear mixing and one-ear DJ-ing without any hassle.
– You can also focus 100% of your attention on your beats using these headphones thanks to the totally noise isolating ear pads.
– The closed cushioned ear pads not only block out any external noises, but they are also very comfortable, even during really long DJ-ing sessions.
– The 40mm neodymium driver and a frequency range of up to 25,000Hz gives you the ability to experience the rich bass and the treble as they have never been experienced before.
– Every detail can be heard while using these headphones due to the high power input of up to 1,000mW and sensitive 105db/mW, no matter the volume.
These are the definitely the best cheap bass headphones you can buy. They’re also ideal for DJ-ing and day-to-day use making them a must buy for anyone with a low budget looking to buy quality headphones!
Sony XB Series MDRXB650BT Wireless Bluetooth Headphones Extra Bass
These headphones are different to the rest by far because they offer the wireless freedom no other headphones in this review does. If this is something that interests you and/or is important for the headphones you buy to have, then you should definitely consider buying them. Let me show you what else they have to offer.
They come with a hardbody full sized headphone case, a 32GB USB 2.0 flash drive and a 2600 mAh portable keychain power bank. The bass in these headphones is truly outstanding as it is amplified using the Bass Booster technology. Total sound isolation is guaranteed with the headphones’ acoustically-tight seal. When you are not using the headphones, they can be easily stored away due to the swivelling ear cups. Overall, the headphones are easy to install and understand. Now let’s take a look at the technical features:
Technical Features of Sony XB Series Wireless Bluetooth Headphones Extra Bass:
– The longer battery life of these headphones guarantees you up to 30 hours of superior sound listening.
– The power bank included ensures that you can charge them on the go wherever you are without having to worry about a power source.
– The headphones comfortable and lightweight design delivers long time listening comfort.
– The neodymium dynamic driver unit enables the headphones to deliver a rhythmic response to any beat you play. The sound due to this drive unit is precise and clear, providing a great clarity of sound and musical pleasure.
– The NFC One-touch feature makes instant connectivity through Bluetooth possible without the need for wired connections or any complex extensions.
The wireless Bluetooth feature along with the long battery life makes these headphones simply irresistible. Ideal for regular day-to-day use but could be used for professional purposes. The 32GB USB and the power bank which is included makes buying these headphones a great bargain. If you are looking for relatively cheap headphones, with wireless Bluetooth, great bass and extra stuff on the side, then you should definitely buy these Sony headphones.
Sony MDR-XB450 Extra Bass Smartphone Heatset Review
Looking for cheap headphones which offer quality bass and a great sound? These Sony MDR-XB450 headphones will do just the job. Designed with a 30mm driver unit, these headphones ensure a clear rich bass sound and quality range. They’re also very comfortable as they are designed with lightweight material and only weight 14.1 ounces.
After reading the Amazon Customer Reviews, I have come to the conclusion that most buyers are satisfied with the purchase of these headphones. One review stuck out to me in particular, ‘…the sound is very good for the money.’ Furthermore, these bass headphones have a 5 star rating on Amazon which is enough proof in itself that they are definitely good quality headphones worth the money.
Let’s take a look at the technical features they have to offer.
Technical Features of Sony MDR-XB450 Extra Bass Smartphone Heatset
– Hands-free calls are possible with these headphones due to the in-line remote and microphone.
– The effective frequency of the microphone is 20Hz-20,000Hz.
– The ear pads are cushioned to guarantee a comfortable wear. The adjustable headband both ensures head comfort and perfect fit.
– The frequency response of the headphones is 5Hz-22,000Hz.
– Includes a 24 Ω, 1.2m cable.
– The cord is tangle-free to ensure easy storage and no tangled cables, ever!
Great headphones for daily use yet lack the technical features for optimal professional use. Will work great and deliver quality sound and a rich bass for your own listening pleasure for a low price. The tangle-free cord is an instantly gravitating feature as most people get annoyed at tangled cords and cables. Overall, these headphones are good quality for the money they cost.
Akai Professional Project 50X | Over-Ear Studio Monitor Headphones
The Akai Professional Project 50X is a great pair of headphones as it includes both the best of high-end studio monitor headphones and premium personal listening headphones. These Amazon exclusive headphones are a great bargain for what they have to offer. They are ideal for personal listening, but also perfect for recording, live mixing and cueing. The swivelling ear pads provide for a convenient storage and make the headphones easy to carry around when you are not using them.
As the name suggests, they are also made for professional use and make for good DJ-ing headphones. Now don’t expect any magnificent results, but I do ensure you that you will not be disappointed For anyone looking for an aesthetic look to their headphones, these are the most optimal headphones I would offer. The fine design makes them irresistible and pleasing to the eye. Now let’s take a look at the technical features and see what they have to offer sound wise.
Technical Features Akai Professional Project 50X | Over-Ear Studio Monitor Headphones
– The ear pads are designed is a closed-back way to ensure total noise isolation and the best sound.
– They include a 50mm dynamic transducer which delivers deep, rich bass for your listening pleasure.
– The frequency range on these headphones is really good (10 Hz to 30,000 Hz) providing you with good quality sound, always.
– The adjustable headband they’re designed with creates a long-lasting comfort during extended periods of listening and/or professional use time.
– Includes two detachable cables, a 6-foot coiled cable, and a 6-foot straight cable.
– Along with two detachable cables, a 1/4-inch adapter is also included which can be basically used with any equipment.
– Easily storable as they can collapse into themselves and be stored in the included leatherette travel pouch.
Overall these headphones will provide you with good quality bass and rich sound, yet they are not the best headphones for professional use. Ideal for personal listening and use around the house, these headphones are, in my opinion not worth the price if you are looking for something more serious than home use. If you are not looking to use them professionally, I would advise you to try and give them a chance.
Picking the right headphones is not easy, especially when you do it online. To try and help make your choice easier for you, I have created this review describing some of the best bass headphones you would enjoy. I have kept the revied headphones at both budget prices and a more serious, professional prices, while also providing you with a plethora of technical variety. I hope this review helped and that I have enlightened you on the different types of headphones out there and on all the things that they have to offer. I advise you to further look into the headphones you are buying and make sure that they meet all of your desires and expectations.
Best Bass Headphones
As I’ve made clear before, the Audio-Technica ATH-M50X Professional Studio Headphones are the ones I would personally advise you to buy with their accurate bass and comfortable design..
Best Cheap Bass Headphones
Keep in mind that these are ideal for both professional use and home use. If you are looking for something cheaper just for personal listening, then I would recommend the Sony MDRV55 White Extra Bass & DJ Headphones MDR-V55 MDRV55W. These are great bass budget headphones as they provide total sound isolation, deep, rich bass and treble, and an outstanding clarity of sound.